Log in to complete an application
Applications for the Magazine Internship Program 2024 must be submitted on asmeinternship.org.
Applicants should have completed their third year in college before June 2024 and expect to graduate in spring 2025. Only full-time students with a grade point average of at least 3.0 will be considered for an internship. Potential applicants should review the application requirements at asmeinternship.org. Your application must include:
- A one-page cover letter, addressed to Sidney Holt, Executive Director, ASME, explaining why you are interested in magazine journalism; why you want to participate in the Magazine Internship Program; and why you are qualified to be an ASME intern. The selection committee wants to know how your course of study has prepared you to be an ASME intern and how you plan to use the skills and insights you gain from participation in the Magazine Internship Program not only to advance your career but to benefit the publications where you may work in the immediate future
- A one-page letter of recommendation from an educator who can attest to your abilities and experience
- A one-page letter of recommendation from an intern supervisor or employer who can attest to your abilities and experience in an office setting
- A current resume
- No more than 10 clips from a college newspaper, magazine or website or from a newspaper, magazine or website where you have interned or worked that demonstrate reporting skills as well as an interest in and knowledge of a range of topics
- A nonrefundable processing fee of $40 (ASME may forgo processing fees for students who can demonstrate financial need; email email@example.com for more information)
All application materials must be submitted online. Please go to asmeinternship.org to fill out an application and upload your materials. The nonrefundable processing fee can be paid online, or you can mail a check to American Society of Magazine Editors, PO Box 34, Hawleyville, CT 06440-0034. Checks should be made payable to American Society of Magazine Editors. Please include the name of the applicant on the check.
Applicants will be notified by email of the selection committee’s decision in March 2024.