Log in to complete an application
Applicants must complete their junior year before June 2017 and expect to graduate in 2018. Only full-time students with a grade point average of at least 3.0 will be considered for an internship.
Your application must include:
- A completed application
- A one-page cover letter (addressed to Nina Fortuna, Director, ASME) explaining why you are interested in magazine journalism; why you want to participate in the Magazine Internship Program; and what qualifies you to be an ASME intern. The selection committee wants to know how your course of study has prepared you to be an ASME intern and how you plan to use the skills and insights you gain from participation in the Magazine Internship Program not only to advance your career but to benefit the publications where you work your senior year
- A one-page letter of recommendation from an educator who can attest to your abilities and experience
- A one-page letter of recommendation from an intern supervisor or employer who can attest to your abilities and experience
- A current resume
- No more than 10 clips from a college newspaper or magazine or from a newspaper or magazine where you have interned or worked that demonstrate reporting skills as well as an interest in and knowledge of a range of topics
- A nonrefundable processing fee of $25
Application Deadline: December 1, 2016.
All application materials must be submitted here. The nonrefundable processing fee can be paid online, or you can mail a check to Magazine Internship Program, American Society of Magazine Editors, 757 Third Avenue, 11th Floor, New York, NY 10017. Checks should be made out to MPA/ASME. Please make sure the name of the applicant is written on the check.